Moscow Bound To Get Our Son

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Countdown To Bring Zachary Home

Things are progressing very well. Today, we got Zachary's passport. Yay! That means one final step and we are ready to step on a plane. Tomorrow is our appointment with the embassy, and after that we are officially done here in Moscow. At the moment, our flights are booked to get out of here on Sunday (July 2nd). We are hoping there is a way that we can get out of here on Saturday. However, one Delta flight today was canceled, so with the backlog I'm not going to count on it. But, you never know?!?!?!

Zachary is progressing along great. In just a few days, he has learned how to clap his hands and we have him talking. While we got him to say "Da" before, now he likes to test his lungs saying it and also includes baby babble. And, his toys are no longer enough. He likes to go for the garbage, the cameras, the electronics, all the things that are out of his reach that he's not supposed to have. So, he's definitely starting to show his personality. It is great.

But, I have to tell you...Ann and I are tired! We got up with him today, and went back down with him at his naptime. He is wearing us out. But, we love it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to here the good news. He is going to love getting into Mike's gadgets. I can't wait to see him. Today I guess I’ll start raising everything up three feet for a while and break out some toys. Try to get some rest and take care of yourselves. You will all be home soon. Love, Carl

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait till you get here! We are going to Babies R Us today to buy stuff to babyproof the house. I talked to Mike this morning about some of the things you need and I remember you were concerned about the marble step into the front parlor so I'm going to see if there is some kind of bumper for that. Let me know when you find out your flight plans so we can make arrangements to be at the airport if that's what you still want. We would love to be there! Can't wait till you get home! Kiss his face off for us and tell Ann we said hi too.

Love you!
Heather

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh yes. That sounds more like it. Already feeling the sting of sleep deprivation. Isn't it great?
Babyproofing will be fun for you!
I can't wait to meet him.... he is absolutley precious. Take lots of pictures so you will never forget this journey and the wonderful happy way it ended.Now for our little boy, I have toys for you! Many cute little 1 year old baby toys.

Love you guys!

Annie, Garry, Jacob, and Erin

5:36 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Wow! You're really cranking through everything. Go Rhonda! I hope, hope, hope you can come home on the 1st. I'm sure Mike is anxious to see all of you and I'm sure you're anxious to get home. Thinking of you!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home