Moscow Bound To Get Our Son

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Catching Up On The Details


Okay, more details about getting Zachary. Ann and I waited for 12:00 p.m. to come and it took an eternity. I wanted him! We were off from the hotel around 12:20 and off to the orphanage. It was pouring. When we arrived, the social worker wanted us to wait until he was done napping and until the pouring rain stopped. So, we sat in the orphanage director's office and waited, and waited. Apparently, we didn't follow Russian protocol. We put our soaking wet umbrellas on the floor. The director came and picked them up and put them on the tables (who would think). We were told by our translator that Russians find things on the floor offensive. Woops!

At any rate, we got him! He was a little angel. My clothing choice was way too big. And, my shoes selected were way too small. He has the hugest baby feet. None of the shoes I got work. They are ultra thick feet. Anyway, yesterday went great with him playing with Grandma and myself.

Yesterday, he was such an easy baby. We laid him in the crib, and right to sleep. And, he did great with his eating too. Even though it is obvious that he was never spoon fed, we got him to eat. At any rate, here are photos for the day we got him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. It sounds like you've been very busy. If anybody can get all this stuff done I'll put my money on you. Hopefully everything goes right and you are able to come home July 2nd. Thanks for all the details of what is all going on over there. Keep the pictures coming of Zake. He looks really chute. Give him a kiss for me and tell Ann hello for me. Love Carl

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about misspelling his name. I miss my spell check. Sorry Zack it won't happen again. Love Grandpa XXX

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home