Moscow Bound To Get Our Son

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Paperchase


Well, I started the paperchase to get us home. And, I do mean that. I started at 8:00 a.m. and did not get back until 2:30. That was not the most preferred first full day with Zachary. But, it is all in the interest of getting us home.

Today, we got a new birth certificate issued that appoints Mike and I as the parents. The contact trekking me around accidentally went to the wrong Vital Statistics office, so off to the other side of town we went. Then, we needed a VIP paper from the orphanage. Went there, dropped off the people who need to make things happen. Then, we were off to the passport office. Apparently, Zachary needs a Russian passport, and a visa to travel to USA. We did some steps to "expedite" and if things go perfect, we'll have that on Thursday, and get to have our embassy appointment on Friday, which would make us able to be home as scheduled on July 2nd. That is the best case scenario so we will see.

Zachary is coming out of his shell. Today, he was more of a big boy, refusing to let me eat lunch, not wanting to go to sleep, etc. However, he is making amazing progress in walking, and I even got him to talk today. He said "Da" four or five times. So, there you go dad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have been posting updates, I have been logging in all day and reading and looking at the pictures of the cutey.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is adorable!! I can't believe how "big" he has gotten just since the last time you were there.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

What a cutie. He's changed so much even from your first trip.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

He is so cute! Glad things are going well with coming home.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home